How to choose clothing pieces for the perfect men’s fall look
Each new season we return to the usual routine of choosing a new trendy look. This is an endless search because fashion is constantly changing and if you want to be fashionable you must follow the changes. Especially, in order to ease your torment, I have prepared this quick guide in which I will tell you how to create a trendy men's outfit for the upcoming autumn season.
In this guide, we'll talk about how to create a men’s casual look for coming fall without efforts. And also about how best to combine different pieces of clothing in an autumn outfit and for what situations the proposed options are best suited. The autumn casual look differs from the summer one in a large number of options and possibilities for combinations.
What is casual wear for men?
The casual dress code for a man is the ability to dress the way you want. This is a chance to express yourself, show your sense of style and good taste, without being limited by the rules of fashion trends. That is why casual clothing has become so popular among modern men. Today, I can highlight 5 essential casual dress codes for men where the casual style is best entrenched:
- Everyday casual style
- Smart casual style
- Business casual style
- Vacation casual style
- Cocktail attire style
Despite the fact that these styles are different, there is still no clear separation. Clothing details and combinations are equally acceptable for each option and can be interchangeable and supplemented. The main thing here is your convenience and your taste, and also the opportunity to show your own sense of style.
What casual men’s outfits will be trendy this fall?
Let's take a look at our men's casual look guide for this fall.
For the top: A casual shirt and sweatshirt are the best choices this season. Of course, you can easily wear a T-shirt or a polo, but if you want to follow the trends in men's fashion, then a sweatshirt over a shirt is your choice.
For the bottom: everything is a little simpler here, jeans are still relevant and you can wear your favorite ones. Although, more and more often you can see how men tend to wear trousers. And this is a very good trend, because trousers give a lot more flexibility when you want to create your own look.
On your feet: sneakers or shoes, or maybe loafers? It all depends on your preferences, today each type of shoe can be used in a casual way. A casual outfit gives you that kind of flexibility. However, trends are steadily moving towards formal style and formal shoes are gradually gaining popularity.
How to create your own fashionable look?
More important than following fashion trends, I consider my own style. After all, individuality and self-expression are the essential features of every man character. It is doubly wonderful that the modern casual style makes it possible to apply your own vision. To create your own unique casual style, you need to stop following popular trends. Just pick exactly those pieces of clothing that you like. Do not pay attention to any color or style, show your imagination, let it be your own unique look. Hmm, just don't be too zealous, you don't want to look like a potato or, for example, a parrot?
How to dress well for every occasion?
If it is not possible to create a separate image for each special occasion, it is worth creating one universal one. This is not the easiest task, but I'll try:
- First, choose a shirt. Use a plain, white, or light blue casual shirt. A shirt is perfect clothing for a formal look, and when you want to relax, just roll up your sleeves and unbutton one more button.
- Then, there are jeans. Yes, jeans are an indispensable option for a versatile casual look. Classic blue or black jeans are almost always suitable. The top tip is, don't take ripped or skinny jeans, they might be a bit out of place.
- On your feet. t’s better to choose casual sneakers. White on a low platform is your best choice for a versatile look. Of course, you can opt for loafers, but I think this is a more formal type of shoe and for a universal look it is more of a fallback option.
The best ideas for smart casual look.
Finally, I would like to give some advice if you want to create your own smart casual look. This style is rapidly gaining popularity among men and will be at its peak this fall.
A few words about what a smart casual image is. This is a flexible casual look that you can wear for a business meeting, and afterwards, in the same clothes, go to a restaurant. As you can see, modern trends strive for versatility.
For a successful smart casual outfit, a few details will be required:
- Casual jacket. A necessary piece of clothing, as it will allow you to look as formal as possible if necessary. Choose a soft gray or blue.
- Casual shirt. Same advice as above, white or blue is best.
- Jeans. Choose as strict as possible. Since jeans are casual clothes in themselves, the best choice would be classic blue without unnecessary decorations.
- It is better to choose loafers from shoes. This type of shoe, beloved by many men, is ideal for a smart casual look. Brown or gray loafers look formal with a blazer and casual when you're just wearing a shirt.